Forum: Ruby on Rails Which Oracle connector for AR?

Rob R. (Guest)
What DB connector do I need to talk to a network accessible Oracle
server: 1) with ActiveRecord?, 2) to perform basic SQL.  I'm more
familiar with what it takes to get MySQL working with AR.  Currently I
have AR 2.1.1, Ruby 1.8.5.  I'll have to ask what Oracle client/server
is available.

This question pertains to a RedHat 5 system which is not managed by me
and is only allowed RedHat managed packages, unless I install them in
my user space (/home).

Rob
Greg D. (Guest)
On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 5:44 PM, RobR <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> What DB connector do I need to talk to a network accessible Oracle
> server: 1) with ActiveRecord?, 2) to perform basic SQL.  I'm more
> familiar with what it takes to get MySQL working with AR.  Currently I
> have AR 2.1.1, Ruby 1.8.5.  I'll have to ask what Oracle client/server
> is available.

# gem list --local |grep oracle
activerecord-oracle_enhanced-adapter (1.2.0)

--
Greg D.
http://destiney.com/