Forum: RSpec Problems installing the rspec and rspec-rails gems

Mike W. (Guest)
on 2009-04-05 03:08
Hello,

Just purchased my first mac for Ruby on Rails development and I'm in the
process of setting up the environment and installing rspec and
rspec-rails. I'm getting the following error message when trying to
install the gem.

I'm using: sudo gem install rspec

I get:

Successfully installed rspec-1.2.2
1 gem installed
Installing ri documentation for rspec-1.2.2...
Installing RDoc documentation for rspec-1.2.2...
Could not find main page README.rdoc
Could not find main page README.rdoc
Could not find main page README.rdoc
Could not find main page README.rdoc

When I try to run cucumber, it says that rspec and rspec-rails aren't
installed.

What can I do to remedy this?

I'm using Leopard.

Thanks!
Pat M. (Guest)
The rspec gem did install successfully, not sure what those doc
warnings are.  Did you install rspec-rails as well?

Pat
Mike W. (Guest)
on 2009-04-05 04:52
Pat M. wrote:
> The rspec gem did install successfully, not sure what those doc
> warnings are.  Did you install rspec-rails as well?
>
> Pat

I get the same output with rspec-rails when I try to install it.

When I try to run cucumber feature -n I get:

Missing these required gems:
  rpsec  >= 1.2.2
  rpsec-rails  >= 1.2.2

You're running:
  ruby 1.8.6.114 at
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/bin/ruby
  rubygems 1.3.1 at /Users/mike/.gem/ruby/1.8, /Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8,
/System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/1.8/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8
David C. (Guest)
Hey Mike,

Looks like the problem is installing the rdoc. Try installing with the
--no-rdoc option.

Cheers,
David

Sent from my iPhone