Forum: NGINX backend http 1.1 question

Olivier Beau (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm new at nginx, i started testing it, the performance is impressive!

I have a question in proxy mode: nginx seems to talk http 1.0 (only) to
the backend, even thow the client is talking http 1.1 to nginx

Are there any plans to implement http 1.1 while talking to the backend ?
(or even better, some kind of persistant connection pool)

Olivier
Igor S. (Guest)
On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 06:37:31PM +0200, Olivier Beau wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm new at nginx, i started testing it, the performance is impressive!
>
> I have a question in proxy mode: nginx seems to talk http 1.0 (only) to
> the backend, even thow the client is talking http 1.1 to nginx
>
> Are there any plans to implement http 1.1 while talking to the backend ?
> (or even better, some kind of persistant connection pool)

Yes, I plan this. Probably, it will be started in 0.8 branch after
about 2 months.
Olivier Beau (Guest)
> Yes, I plan this. Probably, it will be started in 0.8 branch after
> about 2 months.

Ok!
Thanks for your reply.

Olivier

ps: i found the NginxFeatureRequests page on wiki.nginx.org this
morning..