Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails with jQuery

bigPHIL18 (Guest)
Hello all,

I wrote this jQuery script that gets the id of the ul i clicked and
saves it as a variable. How can I use this variable in my Rails
project?

Thank you,
Philip
Mark T. (Guest)
On Apr 3, 12:29 pm, bigPHIL18 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I wrote this jQuery script that gets the id of the ul i clicked and
> saves it as a variable. How can I use this variable in my Rails
> project?

Are you using jRails or just hand coding the jQuery stuff?

Take a look at jQuery.post method (or $.post) that will let you send
your ID back to the server..

Cheers,
-Mark T.