Forum: wxRuby tab

tab
hendra kusuma (Guest)
Hi there

How to make tab button move the focus to next widget?

Thanks
Hendra
Mario S. (Guest)
Hello Hendra,

Unless your attempting to intercept the TAB Key event, it should all be
internally handled by both wxWidgets, and the actual GUI Kit that
wxWidgets
utilizes to create the contols on the specific Operating System.

Some controls, such as a TextCtrl, with TE_MULTILINE, will eat the TAB
key
event, in which case, you need to monitor the Key events on that
specific
control, to intercept the tab key, and decide how you want to handle it.
Review the documentation on KeyEvent, to see a few details on it, and
take a
look at the example for Caret, as it intercepts key events to do the
drawing
handling on the Panel.

hth
Mario

2009/4/2 hendra kusuma <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
hendra kusuma (Guest)
A little question
I make my form without a panel
I simply put everything on a frame
is that why my tab does not working?
Alex F. (Guest)
hendra kusuma wrote:
> A little question
> I make my form without a panel
> I simply put everything on a frame
> is that why my tab does not working?

Yes. A Panel is part of what makes tabbing work.

hendra kusuma (Guest)
On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:09 PM, Alex F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> hendra kusuma wrote:
>
>> A little question
>> I make my form without a panel
>> I simply put everything on a frame
>> is that why my tab does not working?
>>

> Yes. A Panel is part of what makes tabbing work.

OK, guess I have to change my frame to panel then
Thank you