Forum: Ruby on Rails Need help with image resizing and configuration in rails

Guillermo G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-03 02:32
Hello,

I'm trying to finish a Ruby on Rails proyect for a client and I just
need someone to help me out with implementing a resizing function with
RMagic. I'm offering to pay a modest price according to the time
invloved in the task.

It's possible that I also need help with some configuration/performace
stuff, since I'm not really an expert (I come from the php world)

Page me or reply in this forum.

Guillermo
Robert W. (Guest)
on 2009-04-03 05:16
Guillermo Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to finish a Ruby on Rails proyect for a client and I just
> need someone to help me out with implementing a resizing function with
> RMagic. I'm offering to pay a modest price according to the time
> invloved in the task.
>
> It's possible that I also need help with some configuration/performace
> stuff, since I'm not really an expert (I come from the php world)
>
> Page me or reply in this forum.
>
> Guillermo

I have used attachment_fu with ImageScience for that purpose in an
existing application. But, I know a lot of people like Paperclip as
well.

http://github.com/technoweenie/attachment_fu/tree/master
http://github.com/thoughtbot/paperclip/tree/master

I found attachment_fu really easy to setup once I got ImageScience
installed and running. But, it equally supports RMagic as well. I just
didn't need all the extras of RMagic so I just used the smaller
ImageScience. I only needed resizing.
Rick (Guest)
Something like this?

class Photo < ActiveRecord::Base
  has_attachment :storage => :file_system,
    :resize_to => '640>',
    :thumbnails => { :thumb => '160>', :tiny => '50>' },
    :max_size => 5.megabytes,
    :content_type => :image,
    :processor => 'Rmagick'
  validates_as_attachment