Forum: GNU Radio Swig Error

gohar anwar (Guest)
I am getting the following error while running a programme. Programme is
fine. I have checked it on other PC.
I think there is some thing wrong with the installation of SWIG or else.
####################################
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./gsm_scan.py", line 21, in <module>
    from gnuradio import usrp
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp/__init__.py", line
25, in <module>
    from usrp_swig import *
  File
"/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/usrp/usrp_swig.py",
line 6, in <module>
    import _usrp_swig
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-usrp.so.0: undefined symbol:
_ZN7db_base4dbidEv
#####################################

Line 6 is: import _usrp_swig
line 25 is: from usrp_swig import *

I am on Ubuntu 8.10
GNU Radio 3.1.3

Best Regards,
Gohar
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 11:02:23AM -0700, gohar anwar wrote:
>     import _usrp_swig
> Gohar

  $ c++filt _ZN7db_base4dbidEv
  db_base::dbid()

Given the missing symbol, it appears that at least part of your
installation is from a relatively recent copy of the trunk, since
db_base is part of the C++ daughterboard code.

I suggest that you remove all traces of GNU Radio from /usr/local,
then remake and install a known version (from svn or a tarball).

Eric