From: “Floren M.” [email protected]
Sent: Thu, April 2, 2009 3:42
Subject:nginx load balancer help

Hi all,

I need your help to setup nginx as load balancer.
This is the hardware I plan to have: 3 web servers and 1 db server.

Now I have 1 web server (nginx + php-fpm with php and static files to
server) and 1 db server (mysql). The web server load is high, because to
many online users. The db server is fine. So my goal is to add 2 extra
web servers to lower the load. What setup do you recommend me to use? Do
you have a tutorial for a load balancer setup with nginx?

Thanks a lot for your help.

----- End of original message -----

Hi Larry,

Do you have a specific question about your setup? I just set up two
nginx
servers that are load balancing across 4 application servers so I can
help
you need some assistance.

That is exactly the setup I’m interested also. :slight_smile:
Can you detail what you did? I can setup very easy 2 servers, one web
(nginx) and one db. But when it comes to load balancing, I’m totally
lost, I have zero experience

I’ve emailed you directly. It might be easier to send me the
configuration files, if you can share them.
It will help me understand better how you setup everything.

Thanks a lot for your precious help.

Regards,

Floren