Forum: Ruby on Rails ID of adapter in migrations

James B. (Guest)
on 2009-04-02 19:04
Rails 2.3

How does one identify the adapter that a migration is using?  I have
some SQL code that only applies if the postgresql adapter is involved
and I wish to put my execute method inside a suitable conditional.
However, I cannot see a way to get this information from an instance of
ActiveRecord::Migration.  Nonetheless, some means must exist for
migrations to work.

How do I ID the DBMS adapter that the migration is using?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 2 Apr 2009, at 16:04, James B. wrote:

> How do I ID the DBMS adapter that the migration is using?

You could check the class of  ActiveRecord::Base.connection

Fred
Danny B. (Guest)
on 2009-04-02 19:56
> How do I ID the DBMS adapter that the migration is using?

if ActiveRecord::Base.configurations[RAILS_ENV]["adapter"] == "mysql"

etc.

- D
James B. (Guest)
on 2009-04-02 23:55
Frederick C. wrote:

> You could check the class of  ActiveRecord::Base.connection
>
> Fred

Works for me.  Thanks.