Forum: IronRuby How to instanciate a System::String[] from IronRuby?

Thibaut B. (Guest)

while trying to call some C# code from IronRuby, I get this:

my_csharp_class_instance.call(%w(some array))

:0: can't convert Array into System::String[] (TypeError)

Is there some easy way to construct an array of System::String ? Or a
conversion ?

cheers,

-- Thibaut
Curt H. (Guest)
I don't know if it's the easiest way, but this should work as a
conversion:

x = ['a', 'b', 'c']
System::Array[System::String].new(x.map { |s| s.to_s.to_clr_string })

(Obviously, if you know that the elements are already Ruby strings, you
can omit the "to_s".)

while trying to call some C# code from IronRuby, I get this:

my_csharp_class_instance.call(%w(some array))

:0: can't convert Array into System::String[] (TypeError)

Is there some easy way to construct an array of System::String ? Or a
conversion ?

cheers,

-- Thibaut
Michael L. (Guest)
class Array
        def to_clr_arr
        arr = System::Array.CreateInstance self[0].class.to_clr_type,
System::Int32.pase(self.length.to_s)
        self.each_with_index { |r, i| arr[i] = r }
        return arr

my_csharp_class_instance.call(%w(some array).map{|x|
x.to_clr_string}.to_clr_arr)

2009/4/2 Thibaut Barrère <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Jim D. (Guest)
Jimmy and I have discussed a to_clr_array(type) where type defaults to
Object, but nothing like that exists yet.

JD
________________________________

while trying to call some C# code from IronRuby, I get this:

my_csharp_class_instance.call(%w(some array))

:0: can't convert Array into System::String[] (TypeError)

Is there some easy way to construct an array of System::String ? Or a
conversion ?

cheers,

-- Thibaut
Tomas M. (Guest)
This is the right way:

x = ['a', 'b', 'c']
System::Array[System::String].new(x.map { |s| s.to_s.to_clr_string })

This would simplify to

x = ['a', 'b', 'c']
System::Array[System::String].new(x)

As soon as we implement implicit conversions here.

Tomas

while trying to call some C# code from IronRuby, I get this:

my_csharp_class_instance.call(%w(some array))

:0: can't convert Array into System::String[] (TypeError)

Is there some easy way to construct an array of System::String ? Or a
conversion ?

cheers,

-- Thibaut
Thibaut B. (Guest)
thanks for the feedback - I'll give these a go.

cheers

-- Thibaut