From: removed_email_address@domain.invalid
[mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid] On Behalf Of Ivan Porto
Carrero
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:11 AM
To: ironruby-core
Subject: [Ironruby-core] lol.. google undo send definitely is a fad

It took me more than the 2 seconds I get from google to realize that I
sent the previous email to the wrong address.
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Jim D. wrote:
> As was pointed out by some people around here, Outlook has had a similar
> feature for a while, that gives more customization. It just requires you
> to make a rule ;)

And requires the receiver to accept the retraction if it's already been
delivered, if I remember right...which of course I never did.

- Charlie
Jimmy S. (Guest)
> Jim D. wrote:
> > As was pointed out by some people around here, Outlook has had a
> > similar feature for a while, that gives more customization. It
> > just requires you to make a rule ;)

Jim, are you really pimping Outlook? ;)

> Charles Oliver N. wrote:
> And requires the receiver to accept the retraction if it's already been
> delivered, if I remember right...which of course I never did.

I believe Jim was referring to making a Outlook rule which delays the
sending of an email by a minute or so, which then you can delete from
our outbox during that window and it will never be delivered; similar to
what gmail can do for you. The "retraction" system is far more inferior.

Ok, enough Outlook banter ...
Curt H. (Guest)
No, the retraction is a different (and thoroughly retarded) feature.
You can actually create a send rule that applies a delay based on all
sorts of criteria.  See http://ironcurt.typepad.com/p/sendrule.png for a
screen shot of the rule.

The "retraction" isn't a totally ridiculous feature, but I always smirk
when I see a "Manager X has recalled an email" message...
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Curt H. wrote:
> No, the retraction is a different (and thoroughly retarded) feature.  You can actually
create a send rule that applies a delay based on all sorts of criteria.  See
http://ironcurt.typepad.com/p/sendrule.png for a screen shot of the rule.

> The "retraction" isn't a totally ridiculous feature, but I always smirk when I see a
"Manager X has recalled an email" message...

To be sure. One time the manager of a team I was on tried to retract a
spreadsheet containing everyone's salaries. I think a couple people quit
that same day.

- Charlie