Forum: Ruby on Rails Not able to see the the controls and database entries

Abhisekh J. (Guest)
Hi am a newbie to RoR. I am starting RoR with Ruby on Rails For Dummies.
And i am working on RadRails. I have executed the very first program
Company project (with Employee module and Employee Scafold. I am using
MYSQL. The number of records are getting incremented (ie inserted in DB)
But in UI the controls are not visible.

I am attaching the development.log file .Kindly help me figure out what
the problem is.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 31, 12:52 pm, Abhisekh J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Hi am a newbie to RoR. I am starting RoR with Ruby on Rails For Dummies.
> And i am working on RadRails. I have executed the very first program
> Company project (with Employee module and Employee Scafold. I am using
> MYSQL. The number of records are getting incremented (ie inserted in DB)
> But in UI the controls are not visible.
>
> I am attaching the development.log file .Kindly help me figure out what
> the problem is.

The code / templates would be more useful. I suspect the problem is
that you are expecting rails to create the form based on the columns
in the database, which it  no longer does (as of rails 2)
Abhisekh J. (Guest)
on 2009-03-31 16:22
Thanks Cheung for the reply. I am having the following versions:

gem 1.3.1
rails 2.3.2
ruby 1.8.6
mysql 5.0.77

And the fact is after adding the employees record by clicking the Add
button the records are inserted in the table successfully with the
default values.

Is  there any way of having the auto form generation mechanism sort with
the version am having.
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 31, 1:22 pm, Abhisekh J. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Is  there any way of having the auto form generation mechanism sort with
> the version am having.

If I remember correctly it was extracted into the dynamic scaffolding
plugin.

When first creating your model you can still generate the appropriate
form controls by doing something like

ruby script/general scaffold some_model name:string active:boolean
etc...

it's just not introspected from the database

Fred