Forum: Ruby on Rails Mysql Error RELEASE SAVEPOINT active_record_1

Bob M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-31 11:42
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade an app from 2.2.2 to 2.3.2 and I get a bunch
of Mysql Errors : Mysql::Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'RELEASE SAVEPOINT active_record_1' at line 1:
RELEASE SAVEPOINT active_record_1

Mysql version is 4.1.22 which supports save points but not the RELEASE
SAVEPOINT command. I did a test under mysql console.

So,
- is Rails 2.3.2 incompatible with mysql 4.1.22 ?
- is there a special Mysql adapter ?

Thanks
Hemant B. (Guest)
on 2010-01-08 11:56
Even i am searching answer for the same ..
Champs please write something .. :)

Bob M. wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to upgrade an app from 2.2.2 to 2.3.2 and I get a bunch
> of Mysql Errors : Mysql::Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax;
> check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
> right syntax to use near 'RELEASE SAVEPOINT active_record_1' at line 1:
> RELEASE SAVEPOINT active_record_1
>
> Mysql version is 4.1.22 which supports save points but not the RELEASE
> SAVEPOINT command. I did a test under mysql console.
>
> So,
> - is Rails 2.3.2 incompatible with mysql 4.1.22 ?
> - is there a special Mysql adapter ?
>
> Thanks
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Jan 8, 9:56 am, Hemant B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Even i am searching answer for the same ..
> Champs please write something .. :)

If I remember correctly there is a method in mysql_adapter that says
it supports savepoints, you could override it and return false

Fred
Hemant B. (Guest)
on 2010-01-08 16:08
Where can i get this description .. ?

Frederick C. wrote:
> On Jan 8, 9:56 am, Hemant B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
>> Even i am searching answer for the same ..
>> Champs please write something .. :)
>>

> If I remember correctly there is a method in mysql_adapter that says
> it supports savepoints, you could override it and return false
>
> Fred
Hery H. (Guest)
on 2010-03-11 11:37
I get around this issue :