Forum: NGINX Proxy to ejabberd

whoahbot (Guest)
Hello!

I'm having difficulty getting nginx 0.6.32 to proxy to an ejabberd
server using a BOSH connection.

Each time I connect, I get this error in the logs:

2009/03/31 06:28:48  27059#0: *1 upstream prematurely closed connection
while reading response header from upstream, client: 67.189.35.116,
server: ship.whoahbot.com, request: "POST /http-bind/ HTTP/1.1",
upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:5280/http-bind/", host: "ship.whoahbot.com",
referrer: "http://ship.whoahbot.com/"

Here is my nginx.conf:
Gist - nginx.conf

Am I missing a configuration directive needed to make this work?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,657,657#msg-657
Jim O. (Guest)
whoahbot Wrote:
> prematurely closed connection while reading
> Am I missing a configuration directive needed to
> make this work?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give.

OK, we've run into a small glitch here and I apologize for the second
message. The use of "bbcode" caused a bit of a problem in the email. The
nginx.conf is at https://gist.github.com/acbf41d3d638317d1fc4.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,657,666#msg-666
Michael S. (Guest)
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM, whoahbot
> Hello!
>
> I'm having difficulty getting nginx 0.6.32 to proxy to an ejabberd server using a BOSH
connection.

Are you sure BOSH is supported?
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/162053

It was requested a while ago and I don't know the differences and such
but I am not sure nginx even supports it (?)
whoahbot (Guest)
Hi all,

Got this figured out, was an ejabberd problem after all.

Thanks!

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,657,673#msg-673
vpuzzella (Guest)
whoahbot Wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Got this figured out, was an ejabberd problem
> after all.
>
> Thanks!

Hi! So what was the solution? I am having the same problem.

Posted at Nginx Forum:
Rene Tapia (Guest)
I was also getting 502 Bad Gateway.

The problem was that I was missing loading the http-bind module in
ejabberd:

{modules,
 [
  {mod_http_bind,  []},