Forum: Ruby on Rails How can I render a partial from other controller?

Zhao Y. (Guest)
on 2009-03-31 09:53
I use this code to render a partial:

<%= render :partial=>'test' %>

The test is not located in the current controller. How can I point it to
other place?
David K. (Guest)
On 31 Mar., 07:53, Zhao Yi <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I use this code to render a partial:
>
> <%= render :partial=>'test' %>
>
> The test is not located in the current controller. How can I point it to
> other place?

<%= render :partial => 'people/test' %>

In this case, the name of the controller is PeopleController. See the
documentation for partial rendering:
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActionView/Partials.html

--
Best regards,