Forum: Typo Typo 5.3 wrong rss format ?

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Guillermo G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-31 01:23
Hi, im having this format problem on the rss feed generation.

After fresh install:

<title>Hello World!</title>
<description>&lt;p&gt;Welcome to Typo. This is your first article. Edit
or delete it, then start blogging!&lt;/p&gt;</description>

Note the use of &lt;p&gt; per <p> on the ouput in the source.

The atom feed generation does not seem to carry the same issue.

<div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<p>Welcome to Typo. This is your first article. Edit or delete it, then
start blogging!</p></div>

Its just me or there is something wrong? I tried in a couple of machines
(Fedora, Debian) with same results.

Plis help

Guillermo
Cyril M. (Guest)
on 2009-04-03 00:17
(Received via mailing list)
Guillermo Gómez a écrit :
> The atom feed generation does not seem to carry the same issue.
>
> <div xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
> <p>Welcome to Typo. This is your first article. Edit or delete it, then
> start blogging!</p></div>
>
> Its just me or there is something wrong? I tried in a couple of machines
> (Fedora, Debian) with same results.
>
> Plis help

After check is normal

Test your exemple in RSS validator http://validator.w3.org/feed/ and you
see it's normal. If you change by <p> your feed become invalid.

--
Cyril M.
http://blog.shingara.fr
Guillermo G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-03 17:49
Cyril M. wrote:

> Test your exemple in RSS validator http://validator.w3.org/feed/ and you
> see it's normal. If you change by <p> your feed become invalid.

Thanks Cyril, i dit, the only warning is the following one:

"This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed
readers could be improved by implementing the following
recommendations."

      line 564, column 2: Missing atom:link with rel="self" [help]

Any advice how to include this missing atom:link in the <channel> tag?

Guillermo
Matijs v. (Guest)
on 2009-04-03 21:44
(Received via mailing list)
Guillermo Gómez wrote:
>
>       line 564, column 2: Missing atom:link with rel="self" [help]
>
> Any advice how to include this missing atom:link in the <channel> tag?

This should be fixed in 5.2.98 and 5.3.0. Which version of typo are you
using?
Guillermo G. (Guest)
on 2009-04-09 18:16
Matijs Van zuijlen wrote:
> Guillermo Gómez wrote:
>>
>>       line 564, column 2: Missing atom:link with rel="self" [help]
>>
>> Any advice how to include this missing atom:link in the <channel> tag?
>
> This should be fixed in 5.2.98 and 5.3.0. Which version of typo are you
> using?

well, just updated to 5.3.0, i was using 5.2 but the error persist at

http://blog.fedora-ve.org/articles.rss

http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A...

Guillermo
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.