Forum: GNU Radio find_usrps

wallen (Guest)
I'm running Debian Lenny.  I've downloaded gnuradio-3.1.3.tar.gz, and as
far as I can tell it compiles OK.  I have been successful with running:

   $./configure
   $ make
   $ make check
   $ sudo make install

The Dial Tone output example given in the "Exploring GNU Radio" article
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/exploring...
seems to work.  So moving on to trying to connect to the USRP2 it seems
that the USRP FAQ indicates that I should run

   find_usrps

located in the usrp2/host/apps directory.  However, I don't see this
directory, and

   locate find_usrps

doesn't find anything on the system.  So ... still poking around trying
to see if I'm missing something, but any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks!

- Wayde
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 14:54 -0600, wallen wrote:

> So moving on to trying to connect to the USRP2 it seems that the USRP
> FAQ indicates that I should run
>
>    find_usrps
>
> located in the usrp2/host/apps directory.  However, I don't see this
> directory

The USRP2 is not supported in GNU Radio 3.1.x.  You must either download
and install 3.2rc1 or check out the development trunk using Subversion.

Johnathan
wallen (Guest)
On Mon, 2009-03-30 at 14:00 -0700, Johnathan C. wrote:

> The USRP2 is not supported in GNU Radio 3.1.x.  You must either download
> and install 3.2rc1 or check out the development trunk using Subversion.

That would explain quite a lot!

I pulled the code directly from the web page
<http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Download>, and made the clearly false
assumption that the latest stable release listed there would include
support for the USRP.  Guess I'll try this again.

Just out of curiosity, is there a more up-to-date web page for the USRP
than what I've found at <http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/>?

- Wayde
Eric B. (Guest)
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 03:14:09PM -0600, wallen wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, is there a more up-to-date web page for the USRP
> than what I've found at <http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/>?

Yes, http://gnuradio.org.

We'll be reworking the one at http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio and
having it basically point at gnuradio.org RSN.