Forum: GNU Radio modulation and demodulation

Yanyan Z. (Guest)
Hi All,

We are trying to set different modulation and demodulation schemes in
gnuradio example tunnel.py. The default is gmsk, which works fine. But
when
we used -m dbpsk option, the two PCs can't ping each other. I looked
through
the script

    tb = my_top_block(mods[options.modulation],
                      demods[options.modulation],
                      mac.phy_rx_callback,
                      options)

It should be ok if we specify a different modulation with -m, unless
there's
other settings needed. Can anybody help us with the problem? Thanks a
lot.

Yanyan
yyzhuang wrote:
>                       mac.phy_rx_callback,
>                       options)
>
> It should be ok if we specify a different modulation with -m, unless there's
> other settings needed. Can anybody help us with the problem? Thanks a lot.
>
> Yanyan

I have used DBPSK and DQPSK fine with tunnel.py. You will probably have
to play with the symbol rate, transmit power, and possibly the receiver
acquisition loop settings.

Tom
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Tom R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> I have used DBPSK and DQPSK fine with tunnel.py. You will probably have to
> play with the symbol rate, transmit power, and possibly the receiver
> acquisition loop settings.

In my experience, the acquisition loop settings are the most
sensitive, followed by the carrier sense threshold.

Johnathan
Yanyan Z. (Guest)

I'm pretty new in working with gnuradio. Could you please tell me a bit
of
detail about how to change  the symbol rate, transmit power, and
receiver
acquisition loop (command line? the script code?) Thanks a ton!!

Yanyan

yyzhuang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new in working with gnuradio. Could you please tell me a bit of
> detail about how to change  the symbol rate, transmit power, and receiver
> acquisition loop (command line? the script code?) Thanks a ton!!
>
> Yanyan

We use OptionParser for all of our command-line applications which has
the neat attribute that you can use "-h" with the command. This will
print out the help page for any command-line program.

Tom
Yanyan Z. (Guest)
Thanks

Oh yes the "-m" specifies the mod and demod. But the modulation seems
related to some other parameters, which I can't see with the "-h"
option. We
can change the rate by --bitrate, but how about transmit power, and
receiver
acquisition loop?

BTW, does anybody have the correct parameters setting for DBPSK and
DQPSK?
We are doing a project, the deadline is approaching. Thanks a lot.

Yanyan