Forum: JRuby uninitialized constant ActionController::Session::JavaServletStore

Hassan S. (Guest)
I'm seeing the problem described here
<http://www.nabble.com/uninitialized-constant-Actio...

using JRuby 1.2.0, Rails 2.3.2, Warbler 0.9.12, but the described
workaround of adding
  config.session_store = :cookie

to environment.rb results in:

org.jruby.rack.RackInitializationException: undefined method
`session_store=' for #<Rails::Configuration:0xe398a7>

Anyone have a suggestion? I'm trying to build the simplest possible
app to run as a war file but so far utterly failing, though
script/server
runs fine in every case.

TIA for any suggestions...

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Hassan S.
> `session_store=' for #<Rails::Configuration:0xe398a7>
>
> Anyone have a suggestion? I'm trying to build the simplest possible
> app to run as a war file but so far utterly failing, though script/server
> runs fine in every case.

Sorry about the trouble. I need to release a new jruby-rack to fix
this issue. You can work around it with the instructions here:

http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/Rails_2.3.2

/Nick

> Sorry about the trouble. I need to release a new jruby-rack to fix
> this issue. You can work around it with the instructions here:
>
> http://wiki.jruby.org/wiki/Rails_2.3.2

Nick, you're a lifesaver -- thanks for the timely response.

Now to see if this will transfer from Tomcat to OC4J  :-)

Thanks again.