Forum: Ruby on Rails Restricted Textmate Command+T (jump to file)

Fernando P. (Guest)

Does any Textmate user know how to tell the jump to file command to not
look in some folders? Currently my doc/ and spec/ folders are polluting
the search facility, and it has become very hard for me to get to the
desired file.

Thanks in advance.
Greg D. (Guest)
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 3:28 AM, Fernando P.
> Does any Textmate user know how to tell the jump to file command to not
> look in some folders? Currently my doc/ and spec/ folders are polluting
> the search facility, and it has become very hard for me to get to the
> desired file.

Someone on a Textmate list would probably know.

And since it's proprietary software you should at least be able to
pose the question to the author.

--
Greg D.
http://destiney.com/
> Someone on a Textmate list would probably know.

I'm surprised that no one in this list didn't already run into this
issue.
Greg D. (Guest)
On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Fernando P.
>> Someone on a Textmate list would probably know.
>
> I'm surprised that no one in this list didn't already run into this
> issue.

Not all Rails users are Textmate users.  Most of the Rails developers
I know in IRL use Linux so Textmate isn't even an option for them.

--
Greg D.
http://destiney.com/

There is a sexy regular expression for "Folder Pattern"... which you
can modify to include the directories you want to ignore. I don't
ignore 'spec', because I tend to jump to those files a lot. However, I
do block 'vendor'. This also impacts your Find|Grep|Ack in project
settings, so keep that in mind.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Robby

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Fernando P.

Robby R.
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://planetargon.com/
http://robbyonrails.com/
http://twitter.com/planetargon
aim: planetargon