Forum: Ruby https post with xml data?

Jonathan R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-26 16:59
I need to post some XML (not form encoded, just raw XML in the body) to
an https url.

I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this with Net::HTTP.   Both
the https issue and the request body issue.

Anyone have any hints or examples?  Thanks!

Jonathan
Ara H. (Guest)
On Mar 26, 2009, at 8:56 AM, Jonathan R. wrote:

> I need to post some XML (not form encoded, just raw XML in the body)
> an https url.
>
> I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this with Net::HTTP.   Both
> the https issue and the request body issue.
>
> Anyone have any hints or examples?  Thanks!

give up. use restclient.

sudo gem install rest-client

if you really want to know how to do it read the restclient code - it
uses net/http under the hood.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/
Stephen M. (Guest)
on 2009-08-08 09:33
Ara Howard wrote:

> give up. use restclient.

Excellent advice. I wish I had stumbled upon it 4 hours earlier...