Forum: JRuby vm summit meetup?

Chuck R. (Guest)
I hear the lot of you are in Chicago for a VM summit. I'm local (north
side).

Anyone interested in meeting up for a beer? I can recommend two
excellent places.

Local Option (my personal fave) [1]. 24 excellent beers on tap,
hundreds more in bottles. No Miller / Bud / Coors take up precious tap
space, only the good stuff like Brooklyn, Ska, Three Floyds, etc. Two
blocks from the Armitage Brown/Purple line stop; probably $12 cab ride
from the Loop.

Map Room (2nd fave) [2]. At least 12 awesome beers on tap and hundreds
more in bottles. They also carry crappy domestics if that's your bag.
Not near any of the El train stops; probably a $12 cab ride from the
Loop.

cr

[1] http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-local-option-chicago

[2] http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-map-room-chicago

Chuck R. wrote:
> Loop.
>
> Map Room (2nd fave) [2]. At least 12 awesome beers on tap and hundreds
> more in bottles. They also carry crappy domestics if that's your bag.
> Not near any of the El train stops; probably a $12 cab ride from the Loop.

Hey, both options sound great to me :) And actually Tom Enebo and I
going to be here until next Wendesday, so we'll have multiple free
nights.

- Charlie

On Mar 25, 2009, at 1:43 PM, Charles Oliver N. wrote:

>> Map Room (2nd fave) [2]. At least 12 awesome beers on tap and
>> hundreds more in bottles. They also carry crappy domestics if
>> that's your bag. Not near any of the El train stops; probably a $12
>> cab ride from the Loop.
>
> Hey, both options sound great to me :) And actually Tom Enebo and I
> going to be here until next Wendesday, so we'll have multiple free
> nights.

Sounds excellent. What kind of schedule are all of you operating
under? Are you done by 5PM (local)? 8PM?

Also, I'm free tonight and tomorrow. You all don't have to schedule
anything around me, but it would be fun to meet you anyway.

7PM tonight at the Local Option?

cr

Chuck R. wrote:
> Sounds excellent. What kind of schedule are all of you operating under?
> Are you done by 5PM (local)? 8PM?
>
> Also, I'm free tonight and tomorrow. You all don't have to schedule
> anything around me, but it would be fun to meet you anyway.
>
> 7PM tonight at the Local Option?

Given that Evan can't make it and he's only here tonight, I think we'll
also bail and stick around the conference area. Tomorrow, however, is
completely open (not even conference stuff) so maybe we could plan
something.

- Charlie