Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem with functional test

Pietia (Guest)
Hi

I have upgraded to 2.3.2 and changed updated everything inside
myproject :

This is my functional TEST :

require 'test_helper'

class Admin::ProjectsControllerTest < ActiveSupport::TestCase

  def test_get_index
    get :index
    assert_response :success
    assert_not_nil assigns(:projects)

This is my console :

s128:test pietia$ ruby functional/admin/projects_controller_test.rb
Loaded suite functional/admin/projects_controller_test
Started
Finished in 0.119872 seconds.

  1) Error:
test_get_index(Admin::ProjectsControllerTest):
NoMethodError: undefined method `get' for
#<Admin::ProjectsControllerTest:0x25f0df0>
    functional/admin/projects_controller_test.rb:6:in `test_get_index'

Project_controller have index method and it works in browser.

I dont have idea how to solve it, google also don't give me any
answers.
Greg D. (Guest)
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 11:37 AM, Pietia <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I have upgraded to 2.3.2 and changed updated everything inside
> myproject :
>
> This is my functional TEST :
>
> require 'test_helper'
>
> class Admin::ProjectsControllerTest < ActiveSupport::TestCase

You need "fixtures :projects" here.

--
Greg D.
http://destiney.com/
On 25 Mar 2009, at 16:37, Pietia wrote:

> class Admin::ProjectsControllerTest < ActiveSupport::TestCase

You should have changed that to ActionController::TestCase.

Fred
Phlip (Guest)
Pietia wrote:

> class Admin::ProjectsControllerTest < ActiveSupport::TestCase

Shouldn't that be like ActiveController::TestCase

?
Pietia (Guest)
Ty fred, your solution worked , i just didnt notice that it should
derive from action controller ( i copied heading from unit test )