Forum: Ruby on Rails YAHosting inquiry (yet another hosting inquiry)

Sergio T. R. (Guest)
on 2009-03-25 17:07
i have read some of the posts here, but it seems like they may be a
little dated, so i am posting this to the forum..

i have a client who needs to have one smaller application hosted.
initially, we set them up with a godaddy account, but there were just
too many limitations to make that effective..

here's what they will require:

- mysql
- capistrano
- ssh
- git

any modifications to the code will happen here on site.. then be
deployed to the server..

i would  really like to keep this as inexpensive as possible, since they
will need a minimum of resources..

i noticed on the rails hosting survey results that pretty much everyone
is using a sub $25 hosting plan..

this is where we would like to be on this.

any ideas?

thanks!
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 25, 3:07 pm, Sergio R. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> i noticed on the rails hosting survey results that pretty much everyone
> is using a sub $25 hosting plan..
>
> this is where we would like to be on this.

$20/month or so gets you a basic VPS from slicehost or linode. You can
run anything you want (subject to how much ram etc. you have
obviously) but you'll be doing it all yourself.

Fred
Robby R. (Guest)
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 8:07 AM, Sergio R. <

> - mysql
> i noticed on the rails hosting survey results that pretty much everyone
> is using a sub $25 hosting plan..
>
> this is where we would like to be on this.
>
> any ideas?
>
> thanks!

Hi there,

Check us out at http://railsboxcar.com. We're just over the $25/month
point,
but we believe that our customer service and experience with deploying
and
hosting Ruby on Rails applications being at your disposal makes it a
worthwhile investment. :-)

Get in touch with us!

Cheers,
Robby

--
Robby R.
Chief Evangelist, Partner

PLANET ARGON, LLC
design // development // hosting w/Ruby on Rails

http://planetargon.com/
http://robbyonrails.com/
http://twitter.com/planetargon
aim: planetargon

+1 503 445 2457
+1 877 55 ARGON [toll free]
+1 815 642 4068 [fax]
Roderick v. (Guest)
on 2009-03-25 18:16
We've got a EUR 19/month plan that supports everything you require and
saves you the cost of setting everything up yourself. Plus, it is load
balanced over two physical servers for high availability.

There's a 30 day free trial to boot.

--
Roderick van Domburg
http://en.railscluster.nl