Forum: GNU Radio Gardner's Algo Block for Symbol Timing

Sajjad Sarwar (Guest)
Hi, I am doing my final year UG project of implementing a packet radio
in
SDR. I want to use Garner's algo for symbol timing recovery but i
couldn't
find any block of it in gnuradio. Is there any such block? if not, then
what's the solution? cz I am not good at writing own signal processing
block
and I am short of time too.

Regards,

Sajjad
Stefan Bruens (Guest)
On Tuesday 24 March 2009 20:58:39 Sajjad Sarwar wrote:
> Hi, I am doing my final year UG project of implementing a packet radio in
> SDR. I want to use Garner's algo for symbol timing recovery but i couldn't
> find any block of it in gnuradio. Is there any such block? if not, then
> what's the solution? cz I am not good at writing own signal processing
> block and I am short of time too.

There is an implementation for Muellers&Müllers (M&M/MM) symbol timing
recovery algorithm. You can find it either in the mpsk_receiver_cc block
(in
combination with costas carrier synchronization), or as a standalone
block

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
phone: +49 241 53809034     mobile: +49 151 50412019