Planning?

Hi

John announced at Mix that the aim is to release in June 09. That
officially gives Michael and me a deadline around mid may probably. At
that
time it should be ready for RTM.

I have chapter in my TOC about webforms, but as long as there is no
integration to play with it’s going to be hard to explain people what
needs
to happen. Should I just skip that subject then, is there a private
project
floating around perhaps?

Also rails compatibility what should I imagine there? Will there be
active
record adapters provided by MS to make that work because Rails without
active record isn’t really rails is it?
To host it in IIS I believe I’ve got somebody interested enough in Rack
give that a shot. I just won’t have time to implement that activerecord
stuff although I looked at it and it isn’t really hard I guess it’s just
lot of work :slight_smile:

I’ll try to get ironrubymvc done as soon as possible because I still
need to
write 3 chapters to finish on time which might be a huge challenge on
its
own. The following is not a complaint/order/command or anything like
that,
it’s just a query: If the timeline around webforms integration is
anywhere
before may then I might be able to squeeze it in, otherwise I’ll have to
skip it probably which brings my chapters down to 2 :).

For the people from the community who would like to submit a 2-5 page
essay
on how they used IronRuby in their organization. I will need those
before
the 3rd week of april at the latest.

Cheers
Ivan

Ivan, I’m not sure if anyone ever replied to this, but I can help
clarify some things for you.

http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2009/public/schedule/detail/7965
IronRuby will be 1.0 by Oscon2009.

I’m showing what we’ve got so far with Rails at RailsConf in a couple
weeks. I’ve been updating the website with the status of Rails, so just
keep an eye on IronRuby.net / if you’re
curious. There is an ActiveRecord adapter
(IronRuby MSSQL adapter for System.Data.SqlClient · GitHub), but it’s not complete yet. Ray Vernagus
will be giving me a hand in polishing it up. I’m also planning on
showing IIS support, as we did the work last year but never did anything
with it. I also want to show ASP.NET MVC =P

Need any other clarification?

~js

John announced at Mix that the aim is to release in June 09. That
officially gives Michael and me a deadline around mid may probably. At
that time it should be ready for RTM.

I have chapter in my TOC about webforms, but as long as there is no
integration to play with it’s going to be hard to explain people what
needs to happen. Should I just skip that subject then, is there a
private project floating around perhaps?

Also rails compatibility what should I imagine there? Will there be
active record adapters provided by MS to make that work because Rails
without active record isn’t really rails is it?
To host it in IIS I believe I’ve got somebody interested enough in Rack
to give that a shot. I just won’t have time to implement that
activerecord stuff although I looked at it and it isn’t really hard I
guess it’s just a lot of work :slight_smile: