Forum: GNU Radio Fwd: Compiling GNURadio Under Debian (Lenny)

Johnathan C. (Guest)
Forgot to copy the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Johnathan C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Date: Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Compiling GNURadio Under Debian (Lenny)
To: wallen <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM, wallen <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

>> Can you send me the config.log file created in the top level of your
>> source tree?
>
> Yes, you should find that attached.

Okay, the configure script is actually failing trying to find the
asx8051 assembler.  I don't have access to a Debian lenny machine, but
I believe you need to install package sdcc-nf instead of sdcc (or in
addition to, I don't remember.)  If I recall correctly, the asx8051
assembler doesn't have a free license, or at least one compatible with
the Debian free software guidelines, so it's not part of the main
Debian sdcc package.

Someone else might have better info than I.

Johnathan