Forum: Ruby on Rails 404 error in route

(Guest)

I get a very strang error when I deploy my rails 2.2.2 application to
the server. The application works when I start it with script/server.
but when I deploy the app to rails host server (I think it runs with
lighttpd or something). I can only acess the page with first level URL
(i.e., http://test6.123server.cn/users). But I can't access the second
level URL (i.e., http://test6.123server.cn/users/1
http://test6.123server.cn/users/new).
I get http 404 error which indicate the page can't be found. I guess
there is something wrong with the route. But my route is very simple
(attached below). Anyone had the same problem before? thanks.

My route.rb file
ActionController::Routing::Routes.draw do |map|
  map.resources :users
  #..
  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id'
  map.connect ':controller/:action/:id.:format'
Anyone can help on this one? I block on this issue for a about 2 weeks.

2009/3/24 removed_email_address@domain.invalid
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 6:56 AM, removed_email_address@domain.invalid

> I get a very strang error when I deploy my rails 2.2.2 application to
> the server. The application works when I start it with script/server.
> but when I deploy the app to rails host server (I think it runs with
> lighttpd or something).

"think"?? not a good sign.

>                                  I can only acess the page with first level URL
> (i.e., http://test6.123server.cn/users). But I can't access the second
> level URL (i.e., http://test6.123server.cn/users/1
 http://test6.123server.cn/users/new).
> I get http 404 error which indicate the page can't be found. I guess
> there is something wrong with the route. But my route is very simple
> (attached below).

Have you run `rake routes` and compared that to what's showing up
in your server access and rails app logs?

That's what I'd do for starters :-)