Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 GIO: Anyone have any suggestions on how to implement GMemoryOutputStream?

Nikolai W. (Guest)
How should I implement GMemoryOutputStream?

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/stable/GMemoryO...

I want to be able to realloc it and such and it would also be sweet if
getting the data doesn't alloc a new Ruby string.  But how do I do all
this safely?  I’m probably only confusing myself, but I’d appreciate
any guidance available.

Thanks.
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] GIO: Anyone have any suggestions on how to
implement GMemoryOutputStream?" on Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:11:49 +0100,
  Nikolai W. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> How should I implement GMemoryOutputStream?
>
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gio/stable/GMemoryO...
>
> I want to be able to realloc it and such and it would also be sweet if
> getting the data doesn't alloc a new Ruby string.  But how do I do all
> this safely?  I’m probably only confusing myself, but I’d appreciate
> any guidance available.

I think that we doesn't need to implement
GMemoery{Input,Output}Stream. We should implement
RBGMemory{Input,Output}Stream and bind them instead.

kou