Forum: NGINX Where to find documentation for "--without-http-cache (disable HTTP cache)"

Mark A. (Guest)
Could someone please point me to some documentation about
the option --without-http-cache (disable HTTP cache) and the related
module(s)?

M.
Igor S. (Guest)
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:09:07AM +0000, Mark A. wrote:

> Could someone please point me to some documentation about
> the option --without-http-cache (disable HTTP cache) and the related
> module(s)?

The option just disables building HTTP cache.
Mark A. (Guest)
Igor S. wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 11:09:07AM +0000, Mark A. wrote:
>
>> Could someone please point me to some documentation about
>> the option --without-http-cache (disable HTTP cache) and the related
>> module(s)?
>
> The option just disables building HTTP cache.

What does the HTTP cache option do?
Is there any usage case to show what is its purpose?
Why is it set by default as HTTP_CACHE=YES in the auto/options file?

M.
Igor S. (Guest)
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 01:51:11PM +0000, Mark A. wrote:

> Is there any usage case to show what is its purpose?
This is recent change:

Changes with nginx 0.7.44                                        23 Mar
2009

    *) Feature: the ngx_http_proxy_module preliminary cache support.

> Why is it set by default as HTTP_CACHE=YES in the auto/options file?

Because this is very useful thing for the most setups.