Forum: Ruby on Rails Is ruby 1.9.1 supported by Rails 2.3.0 ?

Jarl F. (Guest)
Hi.

It seems like many people have had success using rails 2.3.0 with ruby
1.9.1. And as far as I know one of the goals of rails 2.3.0 was to
support ruby 1.9.1.

But on http://rubyonrails.org/download, ruby 1.8.x is still
recomended and ruby 1.9.1 is not even mentioned. Is that because the
webpage has not been updated yet, or is it because rails 2.3.0 still
does not work well on ruby 1.9.1?

Jarl
Conrad T. (Guest)
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 3:18 AM, Jarl F. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> does not work well on ruby 1.9.1?
>
> Jarl

Jarl, the current release version of Rails is 2.3.2.  Thus, you might to
take a look at the following:

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/2_3_release_notes.ht...

Next, if your rails application(s) requires certain gems and/or plugins,
then you
might want to take a look at the following:

http://isitruby19.com/

Lastly, I have been using Ruby 1.9.1 and 2.3.x for several weeks without
any
major issues.

Good luck,

-Conrad
Jarl F. (Guest)
Conrad T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:

> Lastly, I have been using Ruby 1.9.1 and 2.3.x for several weeks without any
> major issues.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Jarl
Robert W. (Guest)
on 2009-03-24 22:07
Jarl F. wrote:
> Conrad T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> writes:
>

>> Lastly, I have been using Ruby 1.9.1 and 2.3.x for several weeks without any
>> major issues.

It might also be worth mentioning that a full transition to Ruby 1.9.1
might still take a little time in order to make sure that all the gems
and plugins commonly used in Rails applications work well under Ruby
1.9.1.