Forum: Ruby amalgalite 0.8.0 Released

Jeremy H. (Guest)
amalgalite version 0.8.0 has been released.

  gem install amalgalite

http://copiousfreetime.rubyforge.org/amalgalite/

Amalgalite embeds the SQLite database engine in a ruby extension.  There
is no
need to install SQLite separately.

Look in the examples/ directory to see

* general usage
* blob io
* schema information
* custom functions
* custom aggregates
* requiring ruby code from a database

Also Scroll through Amalgalite::Database for a quick example, and a
general
overview of the API.

{{ Release notes for Version 0.8.0 }}

== Enhancements

* Add in support for obtaining limited schema information on temporary
tables
  and temporary indexes
* Add support for returning the primary key columns of a table
* Other miscellaneous items to support the ActiveRecord adapter
Peña, Botp (Guest)
From: Jeremy H. [mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid]
# amalgalite version 0.8.0 has been released.

will this run on ruby1.9 on windows?

it's looking for msvcrt-ruby18.dll...
Jeremy H. (Guest)
On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 05:54:50PM +0900, Pe?a, Botp wrote:
> From: Jeremy H. [mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid]
> # amalgalite version 0.8.0 has been released.
>
> will this run on ruby1.9 on windows?
>
> it's looking for msvcrt-ruby18.dll...

I have a few changes to make in the extension to make it 1.9 compatible.
So
stay tuned, probably in the next few weeks.

enjoy,

-jeremy
Peña, Botp (Guest)
From: Jeremy H. [mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid]
# I have a few changes to make in the extension to make it 1.9
# compatible.  So stay tuned, probably in the next few weeks.

can't wait :)
thanks very much, jeremy.
best regards -botp