Forum: Ruby Problem writing a text file

RichardOnRails (Guest)

I imported some test data from Excel as a CSV file.
I massaged that data and tried to write it out as CSV text file.
However, no file was created on the file system.

I've put out a snippet of the relevant code and debugging output at
http://www.pastie.org/425055.

I'm running ruby 1.8.6 in WinXP-Pro/SP3.

Does anybody see any obvious (or subtle) error?

Thanks in Advance,
Richard
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 8:16 PM, RichardOnRails

> I've put out a snippet of the relevant code and debugging output at
> http://www.pastie.org/425055.

> Does anybody see any obvious (or subtle) error?

Quick glance: File.open('fn', 'w') -- you're opening a file named 'fn',
not the file with the name represented by the variable fn .

HTH,
RichardOnRails (Guest)
On Mar 23, 11:56 pm, Hassan S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> HTH,
> --
> Hassan S. ------------------------ removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Hi Hassan,

Once more, you've pulled my fat out of the fire.  I apologize for
bothering people on this newsgroup with my stupidity.

Thank you very much for you help.

Best wishes,
Richard