Forum: Ruby on Rails Where is the sqlite .db file?

Vince G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-23 14:50
Hi all,

I've been reading a ton, doing tutorial, and generally trying to learn
Ruby on Rails.

I have a question that I haven't been able to find the answer to.

Where is the .db file that sqlite3 creates for Rails projects?  I can't
for the life of me figure out how to access the database tables.  I even
downloaded a few sqlite GUI tools, but when they ask me which db file
I'd like to open, I can't find one anywhere.  I even did a full search
on my c: for *.db*

Thanks for your help,

Vince
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 23, 12:50 pm, Vince G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I'd like to open, I can't find one anywhere.  I even did a full search
> on my c: for *.db*

Normally they're in your_app/db and have the extension .sqlite3

Fred
Bosko I. (Guest)
First look at your config/database.yml. In newly created rails
application you'll find location of your database file for all three
environments (development, test and production). But this will not
create your database. In order to create it run:

rake db:create

After that you'll find your database file in db folder (if you didn't
change database.yml). For complete list of rake tasks run:

rake -T

On Mar 23, 1:50 pm, Vince G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Vince G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-23 21:29
Bosko I. wrote:
> First look at your config/database.yml. In newly created rails
> application you'll find location of your database file for all three
> environments (development, test and production). But this will not
> create your database. In order to create it run:
>
> rake db:create
>
> After that you'll find your database file in db folder (if you didn't
> change database.yml). For complete list of rake tasks run:
>
> rake -T
>
> On Mar 23, 1:50?pm, Vince G. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Thank you very much for your replies.  My application is up and running
with data in it.  I just couldn't find the database.  I want to go in
and and a few columns and some more records.