Forum: GNU Radio howto make

William H. (Guest)
When I try to make the howto package (from the "How to write a signal
processing block" tutorial), I get and error which says:

Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6, but the definition of
this
LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.4.

Then it indicates that I need to recreate aclocal.m4.  I have removed
aclocal.m4 and then run ./bootstrap and ./configure again as someone
suggested doing in a previous post, but when I try to make I get the
same
error.

Any other ideas of what I should do?  Should I try to get libtool 2.2.4
instead of 2.2.6?

Thanks
Ryan Seal (Guest)
On Sun, 22 Mar 2009 14:51:55 -0400, William H.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> error.
>
> Any other ideas of what I should do?  Should I try to get libtool 2.2.4
> instead of 2.2.6?
>

> Thanks

what about "autoreconf --force" and then maybe libtoolize? I don't
remember, it's been several years since using the Automake tools.

Ryan

Eric B. (Guest)
On Sun, Mar 22, 2009 at 01:51:55PM -0500, William H. wrote:
> When I try to make the howto package (from the "How to write a signal
> processing block" tutorial), I get and error which says:
>
> Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.2.6, but the definition of this
> LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.4.
>
> Then it indicates that I need to recreate aclocal.m4.  I have removed
> aclocal.m4 and then run ./bootstrap and ./configure again as someone
> suggested doing in a previous post, but when I try to make I get the same
> error.

 $ rm aclocal.m4
 $ ./configure

Don't bootstrap again or the problem will recur.

Eric
William H. (Guest)
Thank you Eric, but doing this present another problem.  When I run
"make" I
get an error that indicates that "PYTHON" is undefined in my Makefile.am
(line 56).

This is because the aclocal.m4 file generated by just running
./configure
after removing the old aclocal.m4 file does not contain this the
AM_PATH_PYTHON(...) anymore.

Thoughts?
William H. (Guest)
Doing this presents another problem.  When I run "make" I get an error