Forum: IronRuby Re: Problem getting IronRuby running - it won't compile

Jim D. (Guest)
Open ruby.sln. IronRuby.sln is deprecated, and should be deleted (I
thought it was). Are you using the old SVN sources? If so you should be
using the Git repo, or the binary we just released at Rubyforge.

JD
George M. (Guest)
on 2009-03-22 20:58
Oooh, yeah I was using the svn repository.  I guess I have to go get Git

Jim D. wrote:
> Open ruby.sln. IronRuby.sln is deprecated, and should be deleted (I
> thought it was). Are you using the old SVN sources? If so you should be
> using the Git repo, or the binary we just released at Rubyforge.
>
> JD
Shri B. (Guest)
http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby has recently been updated with
all information you should need to build IronRuby, categorized into the
following tasks:

Getting the
sources<http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/getting-t...

dev.bat<http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/devbat> - Setting up
the dev environment

Building<http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/building>

RubySpec<http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/rubyspec>

Debugging<http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/debugging>

Modifying the
sources<http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/modifying...

Contributing<http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/contributing>

If there is any additional information that would help you get up and
running, do let us know (or update the wiki yourself).

Shri
Pete Bacon D. (Guest)
The debugging mspec bits look great!  Much clearer than my waffle.

Pete

information you should need to build IronRuby, categorized into the
following tasks:

Getting <http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/getting-t...
the
sources

dev.bat <http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/devbat>  - Setting up
the
dev environment

Building <http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/building>

RubySpec <http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/rubyspec>

Debugging <http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/debugging>

Modifying
<http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/modifying...
the sources

Contributing <http://wiki.github.com/ironruby/ironruby/contributing>

If there is any additional information that would help you get up and
running, do let us know (or update the wiki yourself).

Shri
Jimmy S. (Guest)
Anyone care if we completely kill the SVN repository so folks don't
stumble upon it anymore?