Forum: Ruby rdoc, link to another class instance method

Fernando P. (Guest)

Is it possible that rdoc generates a link to an instance method that is
in another class? I tried MyClass#instance_method and
MyClass.instance_method, but both just generated raw text.

Thank you.
Eric H. (Guest)
On Mar 21, 2009, at 14:33, Fernando P. wrote:
> Is it possible that rdoc generates a link to an instance method that
> is
> in another class? I tried MyClass#instance_method and
> MyClass.instance_method, but both just generated raw text.

MyClass#instance_method is correct:

$ cat lib/foo.rb
class MyFirstClass
   def a_method(p1, p2)
$ cat lib/bar.rb
# First call MyFirstClass#a_method
class Bar
end
$ rdoc .
Parsing sources with 2 thread(s)...
100% [ 2/ 2]  lib/foo.rb

Generating Darkfish...

Files:   2
Classes: 2
Modules: 0
Methods: 1
Elapsed: 0.1s
$ ack 'First call' doc/
doc/Bar.html
99:First call <a
href="MyFirstClass.html#M000000">MyFirstClass#a_method</a>
$ rdoc --version
rdoc 2.4.1