Forum: IronRuby Executing an Ironruby file from a console app.

Paul C. (Guest)
on 2009-03-21 22:33
Hi all,

I have the following ruby code which runs in a console application:

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/lib/horn'
require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/lib/dsl'

The file is named hornbuild.rb.

The main ruby file has a require directive for this hornbuild.rb like
so:

require 'hornbuild'

I then execute the ruby file like this:

var engine = Ruby.CreateEngine();
engine.ExecuteFile(buildFilePath);

The problem is that I can only get this scenario to work by copying the
hornbuild.rb file and lib folder into the bin directory of the console
application.

Can I not put these files in the gems folder or something so they are
globally accessible.

If so, how can I achieve this?

Cheers

Paul
Ivan P. (Guest)
You can set load paths.

var engine = Ruby.CreateEngine();
var context = Ruby.GetExecutionContext(engine);
context.Loader.SetPaths("C:\ironruby\lib");
Tomas M. (Guest)
ScriptEngine.SetSearchPaths should also work.

Tomas

var context = Ruby.GetExecutionContext(engine);
context.Loader.SetPaths("C:\ironruby\lib");

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 9:33 PM, Paul Cowan
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid<mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid>>