Forum: JRuby Help us: Migrating wiki to kenai.com

Charles N. (Guest)
I have started migrating wiki.jruby.org to kenai.com at the following
http://kenai.com/projects/jruby/pages/Home

I've gotten as far as updating the main page and updating immediately
linked pages down through the "Using JRuby" section. As I've migrated
the pages over I've also protected them on wiki.jruby.org so they can't
be edited.

I could use some help migrating everything else. Just start walking
links in any page linked from the main page, or any link after the
"Using JRuby" section on the main page. Then "edit" on both kenai.com
and wiki.jruby.org and copy the mediawiki content over.

As you go, keep track of pages you've done and post here regularly. I'll
mark those pages as protected so we know they've migrated.

- Charlie

I did ReleaseDocumentation.  Could you give me the magic to lock pages
as well?

-Tom

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Charles Oliver N.
> section on the main page. Then "edit" on both kenai.com and wiki.jruby.org

Blog: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/ThomasEEnebo
Email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid ,
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

ActiveRecord-JDBC is done with some minor updates.

-Tom

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Charles Oliver N.
> section on the main page. Then "edit" on both kenai.com and wiki.jruby.org

Blog: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/ThomasEEnebo
Email: removed_email_address@domain.invalid ,
removed_email_address@domain.invalid

I locked both of those pages and gave you sysop rights.

Thomas E Enebo wrote:
>> I've gotten as far as updating the main page and updating immediately linked

I signed up but cannot contribute ("You are not allowed to do that
(write
wiki)").

Will this wiki be accepting pulic contributions?

rob08 wrote:
> I signed up but cannot contribute ("You are not allowed to do that (write
> wiki)").
>
> Will this wiki be accepting pulic contributions?

Hmmm, the permissions seem to be set up for registered users to be able
to edit. Can you make sure you're logged in, etc, and try again?

- Charlie

Charles Oliver N.-2 wrote:

> Hmmm, the permissions seem to be set up for registered users to be able
> to edit. Can you make sure you're logged in, etc, and try again?
>
> - Charlie

Yep.  There's a logout link at the top.  I logged out and back in again
be sure.

I signed up just a couplee of hours ago, and have clicked on the link in
the
confirmation email.

I cannot edit on Main nor Create New.

My user id is "robert" if that's any help....
Make sure you also join the project as an observer, if you haven't.
That should allow you to edit/create pages.

2009/3/23 rob08 <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>:
> Yep.  There's a logout link at the top.  I logged out and back in again to
> Sent from the JRuby - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Hey! That was the trick.  Thanks....

At 3:30 PM -0500 3/21/09, Charles Oliver N. wrote:
>I have started migrating wiki.jruby.org to kenai.com at the following URL:
>
>http://kenai.com/projects/jruby/pages/Home

The wiki on Kenai doesn't appear to have a search facility -- this
makes it less useful than the older one -- I'm still using the older
one when I need to find something.

Stephen B. wrote:
> At 3:30 PM -0500 3/21/09, Charles Oliver N. wrote:
>> I have started migrating wiki.jruby.org to kenai.com at the following
>> http://kenai.com/projects/jruby/pages/Home
>>

> The wiki on Kenai doesn't appear to have a search facility -- this makes
> it less useful than the older one -- I'm still using the older one when
> I need to find something.

Heh, yeah, that's certainly an important feature :) Tom passed it along
to the Kenai folks...

- Charlie

Charles Oliver N. said...
> > I need to find something.
>
> Heh, yeah, that's certainly an important feature :) Tom passed it along
> to the Kenai folks...

Did we get git yet? (As a Brit that sentence is a foreign language, so
apologies if I got it wrong. Hey, I do live in Spain.)

--
Cheers,
Marc

marc wrote:
>>> I need to find something.
>> Heh, yeah, that's certainly an important feature :) Tom passed it along
>> to the Kenai folks...
>
> Did we get git yet? (As a Brit that sentence is a foreign language, so
> apologies if I got it wrong. Hey, I do live in Spain.)

Yes! Git has been live for a while now. We're making plans to move soon,
once Tom and I are back from PyCon.

- Charlie

Charles Oliver N. said...
> >> Heh, yeah, that's certainly an important feature :) Tom passed it along
> >> to the Kenai folks...
> >
> > Did we get git yet? (As a Brit that sentence is a foreign language, so
> > apologies if I got it wrong. Hey, I do live in Spain.)
>
> Yes! Git has been live for a while now. We're making plans to move soon,
> once Tom and I are back from PyCon.

Cool, but where the heck is it? Enjoy the rest of your trip. Sounds like
a fun gig. Oh, and don't even think of "getting out of the Ruby
implementing business".

--
Cheers,
Marc

marc wrote:
> Cool, but where the heck is it? Enjoy the rest of your trip. Sounds like
> a fun gig. Oh, and don't even think of "getting out of the Ruby
> implementing business".

It was in Chicago, in some hotel dead zone near the airport. But it was
a fun trip, we had some good discussions with the Jython guys and some
other VM implementers. Now back to work!

- Charlie

Charles Oliver N. said...
> marc wrote:
> > Cool, but where the heck is it? Enjoy the rest of your trip. Sounds like
> > a fun gig. Oh, and don't even think of "getting out of the Ruby
> > implementing business".
>
> It was in Chicago, in some hotel dead zone near the airport. But it was
> a fun trip, we had some good discussions with the Jython guys and some
> other VM implementers. Now back to work!

LOL No, where is the git repo? But thanks for the gos!

--
Cheers,
Marc

marc wrote:
> Charles Oliver N. said...
>> marc wrote:
>>> Cool, but where the heck is it? Enjoy the rest of your trip. Sounds like
>>> a fun gig. Oh, and don't even think of "getting out of the Ruby
>>> implementing business".
>> It was in Chicago, in some hotel dead zone near the airport. But it was
>> a fun trip, we had some good discussions with the Jython guys and some
>> other VM implementers. Now back to work!
>
> LOL No, where is the git repo? But thanks for the gos!

Oh, we haven't migrated yet :) Soon!