Forum: Ruby How is alias magic?

LAMBEAU Bernard (Guest)
Hi all,

Is there any way to create a alias-like method allowing arguments not
to be separated by comma?

def my_alias(from, to)
myalias :me :you

thx
blambeau
Joel VanderWerf (Guest)
LAMBEAU Bernard wrote:
> thx
> blambeau

Nope, alias is a keyword, not a method, so it has special syntax.
Michael Bruschkewitz (Guest)
As we discuss already some weird issues on this list:
Wouldn't it be possible to add some more "syntactic sugar" to Ruby?

What about a "operator" which uses rest of current line as string
argument?

Example:

def interprete s
    p s.split
end
interprete: 1 2 3

should show ["1",  "2",  "3"]...

Or, possibly, put ':' at the end of param-list:
def interprete s:

"Joel VanderWerf" <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag