Forum: RSpec [Cucumber] Rails Upgrade Notes

Steve R. (Guest)
In the history.txt for 0.2 is an "important note" toward the bottom of
the announcement.
(http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/blob/d055...
). This is really, *really* important for Rails users, but it can be
more than a bit difficult to Google out.

Questions:

1. Can this be brought into a wiki page on github on cuke.info?
2. Is there a way to tell under what version of Cucumber one is
running so the require can require either the old files for Cuke < 0.2
or the ones now?

Thx
Aslak H. (Guest)
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM, s.ross <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> In the history.txt for 0.2 is an "important note" toward the bottom of the
> announcement. (

http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/blob/d055...).
> This is really, *really* important for Rails users, but it can be more than
> a bit difficult to Google out.

The Important note dates back from 0.1.16.4, which is a couple of months
old.

> Questions:
>
> 1. Can this be brought into a wiki page on github on cuke.info?

Sure, feel free to edit the Rails page with relevant info. My general
recommendation is to always rerun script/generate cucumber after you
upgrade
your Cucumber gem/plugin. Maybe you could add a note about that?

> 2. Is there a way to tell under what version of Cucumber one is running so
> the require can require either the old files for Cuke < 0.2 or the ones now?

cucumber --version

or from code:

Cucumber::VERSION::STRING

Aslak