Forum: Ruby Monitoring the directory

Loga G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-21 09:11
Hi
   Is there any pre-defined module available in ruby to monitor a given
directory.

monitoring in the sense,
         * When ever a new file is created or removed inside that
directory
         * When ever a new directory is created or removed inside that
directory

Likewise , is there any standard module available in ruby to monitor a
file growth
Sean O. (Guest)
On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Loga G.
> Likewise , is there any standard module available in ruby to monitor a
> file growth

$ sudo gem install directory_watcher file-tail

http://github.com/TwP/directory_watcher/tree/master

http://file-tail.rubyforge.org/

HTH
Sean
Loga G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-23 14:23
Sean O'halpin wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 7:08 AM, Loga G.
>> Likewise , is there any standard module available in ruby to monitor a
>> file growth
>
> $ sudo gem install directory_watcher file-tail
>
> http://github.com/TwP/directory_watcher/tree/master
>
> http://file-tail.rubyforge.org/
>
> HTH
> Sean

Ya both the modules are working fine. Thank you for your reply.