Forum: Ruby on Rails Sending & Recieving Mail

Richard S. (Guest)
on 2009-03-21 07:01
I have written a mailer, when i call:

MyMailer.deliver_welcome("Name", "removed_email_address@domain.invalid" )

I successfully send an email to the address that i specify.

I have written a mail recieving client that lives in MyMailer called
recieve. I can successfully recieve mail with it.

 I am trying to write a "Thanks for the message, we have received it"
email that replies back the sender of an email. But this line of code
inside of my MyMailer does not work:

  def receive(email)
    MyMailer.deliver_welcome("Name", "removed_email_address@domain.invalid" )
  end

Both pieces of code work great separately, but when i try to call the
deliver_welcome method from within the ActionMailer model i created, for
some reason it never executes or never executes-properly.

Rails 2.2.2, Ruby 1.8.6, any insight would be tremendously helpful!
(Guest)
On 21 Mar., 06:01, Richard S. <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
s.net> wrote:
> email that replies back the sender of an email. But this line of code
> Rails 2.2.2, Ruby 1.8.6, any insight would be tremendously helpful!
This is just a wild guess, but did you try to call the method like
this instead?

def receive(email)
  deliver_welcome("Name", "removed_email_address@domain.invalid" )

Cheers,
David K.
http://twitter.com/rubyguy
Richard S. (Guest)
on 2009-03-22 05:55
I've tried that, it doesn't work. I was successfully able to find a
workaround using an observer, but i would still think that this type of
action Should be possible.
(Guest)
On 22 Mar., 04:55, Richard S. <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
s.net> wrote:
> I've tried that, it doesn't work. I was successfully able to find a
> workaround using an observer, but i would still think that this type of
> action Should be possible.

I think so too. Did you check your log to see if ActionMailer puts
anything there?

--
Best regards,
David K.

But for some reason both ways of sending email end up sending multiple
emails instead of just one:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/182526#798332 ... Any clue why?