Forum: GNU Radio usrp2 reference clock

Jin Zhang (Guest)

I'm a new comer to usrp2. If we want to use a reference 10MHz clock
instead
of 100MHz, is there any hardware modification needed?

Now I only change the fpga_master_clock_freq in usrp2_impl.cc from *freq
=
100000000L to *freq = 10000000L. I tried to send digital signal in
gnuradio-example/python/digital, but it doesn't work, the signal is
still
the same as before. Is there any suggestion? Thanks very much!

Jin
Matt E. (Guest)
Jin Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a new comer to usrp2. If we want to use a reference 10MHz clock
> instead of 100MHz, is there any hardware modification needed?
>
> Now I only change the fpga_master_clock_freq in usrp2_impl.cc from *freq
> = 100000000L to *freq = 10000000L. I tried to send digital signal in
> gnuradio-example/python/digital, but it doesn't work, the signal is
> still the same as before. Is there any suggestion? Thanks very much!

The reference clock input is 10 MHz.  The master clock for the system is
100 MHz.  Which is it that you want to change?

Matt