Forum: NGINX Re: Hold requests long enough for me to restart upstream?

Rt Ibmer (Guest)
Correct - just one upstream right now.  So what I am looking for would
essentially be a "pause". To tell it "hey if nothing's listening and
there's no other upstream just queue the requests and wait x seconds,
then retry".

So it sounds like there is nothing to do this right now. Perhaps it is a
feature to be considered.  Thanks.
Cliff W. (Guest)
On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 17:07 -0700, Rt Ibmer wrote:
> Correct - just one upstream right now.  So what I am looking for would
> essentially be a "pause". To tell it "hey if nothing's listening and
> there's no other upstream just queue the requests and wait x seconds,
> then retry".
>
> So it sounds like there is nothing to do this right now. Perhaps it is
> a feature to be considered.  Thanks.

Maybe you could just have it failover to a page with nothing but an HTTP
redirect (after n seconds) on it (and perhaps a nice message letting the
user know that this is happening).

Cliff
mike (Guest)
Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Rt Ibmer <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Correct - just one upstream right now.  So what I am looking for would essentially be a
"pause". To tell it "hey if nothing's listening and there's no other upstream just queue
the requests and wait x seconds, then retry".

> So it sounds like there is nothing to do this right now. Perhaps it is a feature to be
considered.  Thanks.

You could use a proxy on localhost to nginx that forwards the request...

It would timeout if it couldn't make the request, but at least the
socket would be openable.