Forum: JRuby ERROR: GlassFish gem needs Java ver. 6.0 or higher!

mickeymike (Guest)

I'm currently trying to install a jruby/merb/glassfish environment but i
have this issue :

$ jruby -S glassfish
ERROR: You are running, Java version: 1.5.0_16.
ERROR: GlassFish gem needs Java ver. 6.0 or higher!
Please install JDK 6 from:
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

I am under macosx 10.4.11, and i dont see a jDK6 version for macosx ? do
you
have an idea ?
mickeymike wrote:
> I am under macosx 10.4.11, and i dont see a jDK6 version for macosx ? do you
> have an idea ?

There is a Java 6 for Mac, but I think it requires Leopard, and it
requires a 64-bit Intel Mac.

Otherwise, there's a build of Sun's Java 6 you can use...google for
"soylatte".

- Charlie

ok so ... ill try on my linux vm

thanks for your response !