Forum: Ruby ActiveLDAP StartTLS connection problem

Henrik H. (Guest)
Hello,

I'm having trouble using ActiveLDAP connecting using starttls. When
using starttls I get ActiveLdap::ConnectionError: Giving up to
reconnect with the server. I have a suspicion it doesn't use the
correct certificate...

Any ideas?

Regards,
Henrik H.
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "ActiveLDAP StartTLS connection problem" on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:34:26
+0900,
  Henrik H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> I'm having trouble using ActiveLDAP connecting using
> starttls. When using starttls I get
> ActiveLdap::ConnectionError: Giving up to reconnect with the
> server. I have a suspicion it doesn't use the correct
> certificate...
>
> Any ideas?

Could you show your config/ldap.yml?
(You use ActiveLdap with Rails, don't you?)

If you use debug log level, you will get more information.

config/environment.rb:

  Rails::Initializer.run do |config|
    config.log_level = :debug