Forum: Ruby on Rails run a rake file from command line and view what is happening

Chris G. (Guest)
on 2009-03-19 18:32
I have the following code that I want to run but I can't seem to figure
out how to view the variable's content

someobj = AnotherObj.find(:all, :conditions => {:col_10 => nil, :col_12
=> nil, :col_5 => "12345"})
puts someobj.inspect

Now I run those two lines of code in the terminal but nothing happens.
When I say nothing happens I mean there is no ouput. I am expecting to
see a break down of the someobj object
Craig D. (Guest)

It doesn't look like you're running that in script/console. If not, at
your
command prompt, run

script/console

Then try the find in there.

More on script/console and other command-line Rails utilities:

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/command_line.html

Regards,
Craig

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Chris G. <

> see a break down of the someobj object
> --

Craig D.
Mutually Human Software