Forum: Ruby on Rails (easy:) Installing plugin from folder

Niklas P. (Guest)
on 2009-03-19 17:21
Can't find any details on this on the web, so I try on the forum.

For whatever reason, "ruby script/plugin ..." doesn't work for me. What
i then do is:

1. Download the plugin (.zip), unzip it.
2. Place the folder in vendor/plugins
3. ?

How do I install the plugin from here? I know the plugin wants some
controllers to be made, some migration to do etc. How do I run the
thing?

:D
Niklas P. (Guest)
on 2009-03-19 17:47
Solved.

(This forum needs the ability to quickly move solved topics from the
topics-list)
(And the ability to edit posts, wtf?)
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 19, 3:21 pm, Niklas P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> controllers to be made, some migration to do etc. How do I run the
> thing?

Some plugins have an install.rb which script/plugin would run for you.
(my hunch here though is that the plugin provides a generator (or
several) and that it's up to you to run it)

Fred
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Mar 19, 3:47 pm, Niklas P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Solved.
>
> (This forum needs the ability to quickly move solved topics from the
> topics-list)
> (And the ability to edit posts, wtf?)

it's a mailing list - moving topics/editing them is meaningless.

Fred