Forum: Ruby on Rails Semi-colons

Aaron R. (Guest)
I know.....Semi-colons are evil.   But, what if I have an application
that has moved from one server to the next and it has Rails 2.0.  I
want the application to roll forward, so I don't want to just freeze
the app and stay old school.

How do I convert an application that uses semi-colons to use the
slashes?  For example:

/page/83;edit
/page/83/edit

is it simply a routes change?

thanks for any kind of reply, as long as it's nice.  :)
Lee S. (Guest)
on 2009-03-19 16:24
Aaron R. wrote:
> I know.....Semi-colons are evil.   But, what if I have an application
> that has moved from one server to the next and it has Rails 2.0.  I
> want the application to roll forward, so I don't want to just freeze
> the app and stay old school.
>
> How do I convert an application that uses semi-colons to use the
> slashes?  For example:
>
> /page/83;edit
> /page/83/edit
>
> is it simply a routes change?
>
> thanks for any kind of reply, as long as it's nice.  :)

I thought the semi-colon was a Rails 1.x routing convention that's been
dropped.  Do you get routing errors when you run your app on Rails 2.x?
Are you doing anything out of the ordinary when referencing routes?
David Herman (Guest)
Are your semi colons hard coded? or are you using users_edit_path

On Mar 19, 10:24 am, Lee S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
aaron (Guest)
Semicolons is a 1.x thing that was dropped in 2.x.  When I try to edit
a page that is where the problem is.

The ;'s are not hard coded to my knowledge.  Meaning, I can't find any
in the code.

thanks

On Mar 19, 10:24 am, Lee S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Lee S. (Guest)
on 2009-03-19 17:51
aaron wrote:
> Semicolons is a 1.x thing that was dropped in 2.x.  When I try to edit
> a page that is where the problem is.
>
> The ;'s are not hard coded to my knowledge.  Meaning, I can't find any
> in the code.
>
> thanks

So what's leading you to think that Rails 1.x use of semi-colons in
URL's for routes is your problem?

Providing specific errors really help...
Pratik N. (Guest)
You should really be asking this question in rubyonrails-talk -
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-talk for general support
questions.

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM, aaron <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

--